Skip to content
27 September, 2021

1. How can a foreigner sign an ‘occasional rental’ agreement?

1. How can a foreigner sign an ‘occasional rental’ agreement?

Home Blog 1. How can a foreigner sign an ‘occasional rental’ agreement?

At Leach & Lang, we have met with such questions many times when it comes to renting flats or houses to people of different than Polish nationality. A foreign person may sign an occasional lease agreement, similar like a Polish citizen, but must meet one of the following conditions:

a) have own real estate in Poland. For example, a person who owns an apartment in Warsaw, moves to Krakow (due relocation in the company) and rents an apartment here. He can therefore choose his own apartment in the capital as an apartment for a possible move out.

b) have a trusted person (among family or friends) who agrees to indicate their property as a flat to move out (or relocate) if the lease has ended or has been terminated.

In practice, therefore, for a person who comes to Poland and doesn`t have any friends or family here, meeting these conditions may be very difficult; though a foreigner cannot indicate real estate outside the territory of the Republic of Poland.

Addition of real estate

Property data

Property types
Type of offer
District / city
Municipality / district
Building number
Premises number
Number of rooms

Contact information

Company name
* Name
* Surname
* E-mail
* Phone
I consent to the processing of my personal data by Polo Group Thomas Leach, 8/4 Garncarska St., 31-115 Krakow, NIP: 6762284832 for the purpose of contacting me regarding Leach & Lang Property Consultants' offer.
I declare that I have read and accept the following Privacy policy.
I agree to receive electronically commercial information, including marketing content from the area of real estate marketing within the meaning of the Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of electronic services.